Friday, October 9, 2009

What Should I Do All Day?

תשובו כעין תדורו
"Dwell as you reside [during the year]"
We spent some time in my Talmud class talking about who is exempt from Sukkah and what the actual requirement is.  So, for a relevant example, if one is traveling and a sukkah isn't available, one is not required to.  At any rate, the idea of dwelling in a sukkah, says Abaye (I honestly don't remember in what context this comes up), is that one should be in the sukkah the way one is in their permanent residence throughout the whole year.
So anyway, after we got back from desert survival, a lot of my friends either had Magen David Adom (MADA) training every day or went to Tel Aviv, so I was left in peace all day Wednesday and Thursday.  So I sat in the sukkah all day with my laptop, doing a combination of USY work and other personal stuff.  I would need more than two hands to count how many people asked me if I had been sitting there all day.  Better than being locked up in my room all day!
Actually, yesterday I wasn't in the sukkah all afternoon – I watched One Tree Hill and Glee with some friends.  The former sucks, the latter one wasn't too bad actually.  Later on I met up with my buddies Eitan, Tzvi, and Bernie from Weber, all who live in Israel for a while, and we had a lunch/dinner at Café Rimon on Ben Yehuda.
The exciting parts of those days were the concerts I went to… those will get a separate blog post.
Chag Sameach, Shabbat Shalom!

No comments:

Post a Comment